Sunday 3 March 2013

Irony

This is the last day that I have to post on my IPad and I just came upon an app that allows you to publish on your iPad.  I was doing it through Safari. Huh.  Too funny.
We have a friend living in our basement for a few months. He is a talented cook and owns almost every Gordan Ramsay book.  I love Gordan Ramsay; not his profane speech or his screaming and calling people fat and donkey on Hell's Kitchen but his cooking genius and his softness on Master Chef (Ryan and I gain at least 5 pounds every season of it). I was looking through his Healthy Appetite book and stumbled upon a Muesli recipe that can be made the night before.  I would eat more oatmeal if it wasn't for having to prepare it in the morning. This recipe solves that dilemma deliciously.  I just had to share it.
Oil


http://houseandhome.com/food/recipes/bircher-muesli-recipe

I can hardly wait until morning to have more!
Last night without Ryan. He is on his way home. He collected some great stories from Western Africa.  The way people live out The Great Commission blew him away; I can't wait to hear about it. He lived with limited power, no running water and no Internet his whole time over there.  I am excited to hear about how that went for him as well.
I am so grateful for all the friends and acquaintances who offered to help out while Ryan was away.  It was generous and overwhelming.  We enjoyed all the time with the grandparents but are looking forward to being the "fearsome five" again.
I have a whole new appreciation for single moms and moms who having husbands who work away from home....you are strong women and deserve a big hug...and a spa day!
Have a blessed week girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment