Saturday 11 May 2013

Mommy!


It has been a hectic day.  Life is happening all around us and sometimes it can be overwhelming.   Broken bones, planning for parties, new business ventures, crashed computers and disappointment with another negative pregnancy test were just some of the conversations in my day.  I have to admit that,  in response to some of the day's events, this was a day where my kids had more interaction with a screen than me.  However,  it's days like today where I am glad I limit their screen time because the tv did the trick and I don't feel guilty. 
I just can't believe the week is already over.  We have a birthday party, Mother's Day (and no, no I didn't get the card out in time) and packing for a trip to film in B.C in these two days. Not sure how it will all pan out but it always does. It's a good thing I don't need a lot of sleep.

The boys have been asking me what I want for breakfast on Mother's Day.  Of course I want to say an extra hour of sleep but I think I will go with yogurt and granola.  I love seeing those proud faces bringing in a tray of breakfast along with a nervous daddy (waiting for the big spill).  It's this day, even if I hear it twenty times a day in many different octaves, that I cant believe I am someone's mom.
It's this day, too, that makes me dislike being so far away from my own mom.  They are a 13 hour drive and a way too expensive plane ride away.  I don't even remember the last Mothers Day we have actually had together.  My mom is one of the coolest people I know.  I always knew I had a great mom but as I have gotten older I am realizing what a great friend she is too.  She is just one of those people you can't help but like; so kind, an amazing listener (to her detriment at times, she has complete strangers spill their life's secrets to her at random times), easy going and compassionate.  I could go on and on but really, let me just say that I am truly blessed to have this woman in my life.
It's also at this time my heart breaks those for who have lost their moms (my mom being one of those women this year) and for those who have desperately wanted to be a mom but for whatever reason, have not experienced that.   Please know that I am praying for you; that the One who made you will heal your broken heart and give you rest.


I would love to hear from you. Tell me what your Mother's Day traditions are or what was the strangest Mother's Day you have had.
Before I get on with this weekend,  I wanted to share The Family Fun Spot's recipe for homemade bouncy balls.  Maybe if you are having a more relaxed weekend, this can be a part of your fun.  I am not sure if we need more bouncy balls but I was thinking it could be a great birthday party activity/take home gift.  Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? Next week, I will share some of the other Pinterest tips and tricks that I have tried and their outcomes.
Until then, bless ya, friend.
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment