Thursday 20 June 2013

Flooding Calgary

Our home has been a frenzy of updates on the flooding in Calgary and Southwest Alberta. I love social media and the photos and videos amaze me but it is also so hard on the heart. I am watching these people's homes get wiped away from the rushing water and I ache for the loss of these families. We have been praying for friends who are stranded in Canmore, surrounded by roads that are no longer, for friends who are hoping the "higher ground" they evacuated to doesn't become a pool of water as well and acquaintances whose livelihood is in danger. There are more than 100,000 people possibly bunking with friends, family or strangers wondering what they will return to in 72 hours. I just can't imagine what that feels like. I am sure that anyone from Calgary who is reading this right now knows someone who is affected by this rain.  What is beautiful is the amount of support that is being offered through Facebook and phone calls and texts.  Sometimes we become the most beautiful in suffering, don't we? 

I am going to take the time I would have given to blogging to pray for those who are not in the comfort of their own home tonight. I leave you with a verse that comes to mind; reminding God's children that we do not need to be consumed by our troubles, as we can trust our compassionate and loving God. He is our refuge.
Stay safe Alberta friends. -Ange 


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
Isaiah 43:2 

No comments:

Post a Comment