Monday 24 June 2013

How to Help

 The devastation from the flooding in Southern Alberta is still unbelievable to many and yet the waters have not even receded in many parts.  It has been amazing to see so many people rally together to help those who have lost so much. The authorities are having to remind people that the hard work is still yet to come.  In prayerfully considering how I am to help in all of this, I did a little research online as to where help is needed.  If you are like me and are overwhelmed with the amount of information on social media and don't even know where to start, then the following websites may be helpful to you.  Rather than creating my own, I am sharing the efforts of other blog sites that are listing the needs of different organizations.


The town of High River, Alberta

East Side of Calgary, Alberta
 
Where to find information on how to help:

Samaritan's Purse

Volunteer Calgary

Calgary Clean Facebook page

Now, if you are also like me, you need something to lighten the mood.  In times like these, we need to be able to release and laughter is the best way.  Ryan and I found the greatest clips from old game shows and were roaring at some of the things that people have said in the nervousness of being on a t.v. game show.
Oh wait before that....can I tell you a funny story.  I went to the farmer's market for the first time in years last week.  Half way there I remembered that they boys had swimming lessons that day and that we actually had to be home in an hour to eat supper and get ready (the Calgary Farmer's Market is quite far from our community).  I gathered up the boys and we hustled around the market, grabbing fresh fruit and vegetables and looking for a supper time meal.  After my third stop, I realized that I had been stealing!!! I was in grocery store mode and went from vendor to vendor taking different produce not paying them.  1. I can't believe no one caught me. 2. I am glad I remembered where I visited.  Once what I was doing kicked in, I returned to each vendor and apologized and paid.  Each vendor thanked me for my honesty and for returning with their product.  That mistake took up a lot of time so we barely made it home to eat and get on our way for swimming lessons.  Sometimes I can only laugh at myself!
Enjoy the clips:

If you have a funny story to share, I would love to hear it.  Please send your stories in the comments area.  Thanks!
Ange


No comments:

Post a Comment