Sunday 8 December 2013

Freezin' Fun

Man, it's cold outside.  It is not even officially Winter yet and I am freezin my buns off.  If you are from Canada or even part of the States, you know what I am talking about.  It is just too early for this type of cold. 

The other day, the boys and I decided to make the most of it and had some fun.  

Freezin' Bubbles 


I braved the -40 while the boys stayed in side (with jackets and boots on) to blow bubbles and watch them freeze.  Munch suggested we don't do that one again because "It was way toooo cold!" 

Freezin' Inside 

 I buried some marbles in bowls of snow and had the boys use spoons and warm water to search for their "treasure".  It went over even better than I thought it would. 


Even Baby Goose had a good time.  Easy clean up too! 

Freezin' Beauty 

We made a sun catcher out of ice, marbles and food colouring.  I am all about being real here, so I have to say it was a real headache as it kept cracking on me.  Thankfully, in this weather, all I had to do was add a bit of water to the crack and wait another hour.  Totally worth it!  (The marbles will be fun to discover on a chinook day.)  

Freezin' Balloons 

I cannot take credit for this photo as our attempt did not work.  Take your leftover water balloons from the summer and fill them with water and food colouring (and then tell me how to do it without spraying water all over the place!), leave outside or in the freezer until completely frozen and peel off the balloon. Mr. Bubblegum, in complete three year old style, found ours before they were totally frozen and smashed them to smithereens. 

Freezin' Education 

After the crazy snow storm of 2013, my friend Jenn took an "educational moment" to show the kids how much it had snowed in that one day according to the pattern on her newly snow-plowed driveway.  I like my science-ey friends!  

All in all, this cold weather has been pretty fun.  However, I don't know how much longer I can stay cooped up in the house.  Here's hoping that sledding weather for littles is on it's way! 

Here's the thing. We live in this crazy arctic climate and Winter is not going away anytime soon, so might as well make the most it. 

Send me some of your ideas for fun in the Winter and I will pick my faves to highlight in an upcoming post.  Send them to angelastockert@gmail.com.  

Stay warm!  

Angela 


No comments:

Post a Comment