Friday 20 December 2013

Snippets from my Heart

For the past few months, it has seemed too overwhelming to write a couple of paragraphs on anything.  That is why my posts have been made up of activities and photos.  It may because there are far too many interruptions in the day to be able to formulate a thought long enough to communicate it in a post or that the things I have been pondering are too complicated to put down in one post.  However,  I have been feeling quite shallow in my blog as of late, so am leaving you with 10 things that I have learned and have been praying/thinking about lately.  If there are any topics you would like me to expand on in future posts, please let me know.



1. I will find true joy when I fix my eyes on things above and not on the things of the world.
That is, instead of stressing over my kids behaviour, how my living room would look if it was decked out in all Ikea or how much happier I would be if I could own a pair of tall boots "like everyone else", I will give praise for the abundant grace of God in my life, each day as I make mistakes and am forgiven,  praying for friends and family who don't yet know the great love and relationship that is available with God through Jesus and how I can exercise more fruit of the Spirit like love, joy, peace patience, kindness….

2. I am responsible for my own feelings.  
People "can't make me" feel anything. I choose to feel and respond to people's actions in the way that I do.  I can choose to respond graciously and with forgiveness in all circumstances.

3. This is the stage of my life where there is more death.  
Aunts, uncles, grandparents and even friends are more prone to sickness and long-term illness.  I need to get my will done.

4. Why am I surprised that my kids want to be on our i-technology all the time….we are.  
How do I find the balance in my face time and FaceTime?

5. Consistency in discipline is key.  
It is so hard to do with a cute 15 month old but if I am not consistent now, I will have a monster of a 3 year old.

6. Marriages are falling apart all around me.  
It doesn't just sadden me, it literally breaks my heart to pieces.  Many men are not rising up to role they have been given and many women are giving up on those men.

7. I must constantly surrender my family to the Lord. 
 I could do all the "right" things as a parent and they could still make poor choices and even though I have made many mistakes my kids could still turn out "normal". ha ha

8.  Nobodys family is perfect, even if it looks like that from the outside.  NOBODYS.

9. Generally, most Christians do not live in the victory and freedom that is offered to them through Jesus Christ.  
They do not walk in their new identity but are still living in the lies of their past and their circumstances.  What does it take to get us into that freedom? 

10. I am so grateful for the abundance in my life.  
I have food to choose from, I have a safe home and I have friends and family to call on when in trouble.  I am rich.  There are many people that I can share this abundance with, I just needed to look.  

Enjoy the next few days before Christmas.  Thanks for stopping in! -Angela 



No comments:

Post a Comment